Saturday, March 31, 2012

Mesh Handwarmer

Hello all! My name is Danielle, but everyone calls me Ella. I've been knitting for around 10 years now and I really enjoy it! I’m a college student in Michigan and I live with my boyfriend and our six ferrets, two bunnies and one cat. I’m always looking for free knitting patterns to do new things with, so I figured I’d start a blog to share my projects with others! I really enjoy knitting hand warmers, scarves, little stuffed toys and things for all my pets! So hopefully everyone enjoys these patterns and projects!

I generally try to provide multiple sizes if they are available. I’ll try and make a list of all my abbreviations but they are usually pretty standard and can be found here: http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/knitting-glossary


So I've developed a love of hand warmers. They are perfect for spring! So here is a pattern for a nice pair of hand warmers! These are really easy to make patterns for, and an almost infinite number of patterns that you can make to develop your own really awesome hand warmers. However, these are not my original creation: http://creativeyarn.blogspot.com/search/label/knitting but I have modified them a bit because my hands are smaller than the average persons. 






Size 
Size 6 needles

If you are a looser knitter though I would recommend a smaller needle size, since I'm a really tight knitter
S[M,L]


Handwamers
Make 2 as left and right are worked the same
Cast on 28[32,36]
Rows 1-11: *K2,P2* to end of row
Row 12: K1 *YO, K2tog* to last stitch, K1 (You should end up with 28[32,36]sts)
Row 13: P all
Row 14: K1 *YO, SKP* to last stitch, K1 (You should end up with 28[32,36]sts)
Row 15: P all
Row 16-51: Repeat Rows 12-17 (Make sure you end on a "row 17") [The pattern will repeat 10 times]
Row 52-57: *K2,P2*




Finishing
Bind off in pattern
Flip to the wrong side is facing out and with a yarn needle sew up the seam, making sure you leave room for a thumb hole (It will be inside out when your done) and then turn the project right side out. 






Enjoy!!


Thank you Creative Yarn! 






No comments:

Post a Comment